Dates are considered as one of the healthiest fruits, and when it is clubbed with some ingredients to give a mouth-watering cake, it is just amazing! We tried this recipe and to our surprise it came out really well and everyone just loved it. We used fresh dates for this, however, you can soak and use the dried ones as well.
- 1 cup Chopped Dates
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Strong brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup Milk Maid
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans OR walnuts
- Take a mixing bowl and mix flour, salt, and powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk butter, milkmaid, vanilla extracts together till it becomes smooth. Now add this to the flour mix.
- Add baking soda and whisk to get a thick flowing consistency by adding the coffee in small portions.
- Now fold the pecans and dates in this mix carefully and transfer this into a baking pan
- Heat the oven at 175 degree Celsius and let this bake for 20-25 minutes until it rises.
You can even create cupcakes of this mixture which will look just pretty.
Connect on Facebook for daily updates!